Teeth whitening is one of the most sought after and convenient items in general cosmetic dentistry. There are numerous ways to whiten your teeth over-the-counter, but best results are received by professional application. Here are some reasons why:
• The strength of the bleaching agent in professional whitening is much higher than at-home products.
• At home methods do not take measures for additional gum protection.
• Improper use of whitening agents can irritate the gums.
• In-home, tray-based whitening solutions have trays that may be ill fitting because they are not custom-made.
• Products over-the-counter cannot be customized to your needs or whitening goals.
Professional Teeth Whitening
Dr. Frank P. Bruno, DMD, offers two types of professional teeth whitening treatments:
1. Tray-Based Whitening
For tray-based treatments, a custom tray (that can be reused for future treatments) is created in-house and a custom treatment plan is assigned and reviewed. The whitening treatment is applied for an allotted time every day, for up to four weeks. (The length of the treatment depends on the end goals and the degree of discoloration.)
2. In-Office Whitening
In-office whitening can typically be completed in one visit and within 90 minutes. The treatment is done through direct application of the whitening agent and is then light activated. In some cases, more than one treatment is required, depending on the end goals and degree of discoloration.
General Cosmetic Dentistry
Dr. Bruno and his team offer a wide variety of general cosmetic dentistry services, including:
• dental caps
• dental crowns
• ceramic crowns
• non-mercury fillings
If you want a brighter, whiter smile, call us today!