• acid reflux disease
• liver or kidney issues
• chronic sinus infections
• respiratory tract infections
Gum Disease Symptoms
Bad breath is one of the most common gum disease symptoms and, for some people, can be the only one. Even though bad breath may not seem like a big deal, it may be a sign of other underlying issues, like gum disease. Because our mouths are directly connected to the rest of our bodies, by our bloodstream, it is very important to maintain healthy, regular dental practices at home and to attend regular dental cleanings/exams.
Other gum disease symptoms include:
• loose teeth
• gum recession
• bleeding gums
• swollen or red gums
Preventing Bad Breath
Like any other oral health issue, the best prevention is proper in-home care and regular dental visits. If you are cleared of any oral disease or other underlying issue for bad breath and still cannot control it, Dr. Frank P. Bruno, DMD, will gladly create a custom treatment/cleaning plan for you.
Additional tips on preventing bad breath:
• Brush and floss at least twice per day.
• Switch to a fluoride toothpaste.
• Use an antibacterial mouthwash.
• Stimulate your saliva flow by remaining super hydrated.
• Stay away from foods with strong odors, like garlic.
• Do not use tobacco products.
If you have issues with bad breath, call us today!