Dental veneers are one of the most common procedures in general cosmetic dentistry. The end goal in mind is not necessarily symmetry, but true harmony, a balance of the ratio of length and width and an enhanced profile. CEREC® technology has revolutionized veneer procedures. Here’s how:
• The entire procedure can be done in one day, which is not typical in general cosmetic dentistry.
• No temporaries are needed.
• No shaving of natural teeth is necessary.
• The veneers are lighter (thinner) than traditional porcelain veneers, providing a more natural look and feel. This also allows for natural light to shine through, as it does with real teeth.
• CEREC® color matching also allows for a more natural look.
• CEREC® CAD/CAM 3D imaging technology eliminates the need for uncomfortable bite trays and allows for each tooth to be produced individually, more control over detail and fitting.
Most Common Reasons for Dental Veneers
One of the main reasons patients seek general cosmetic dentistry is to receive dental veneers, but each case is different. Here are a few reasons why patients consider dental veneers:
• uneven wear and tear
Steps in the Removal of Existing Dental Veneers
• The patient’s mouth is properly prepared.
• Small slots are carefully carved into each veneer, allowing for easy breakaway from the underlying teeth, without damage.
• A separating tool is used to pull the veneers away from the teeth.
• The teeth are prepared for receiving the new CEREC® dental veneers.
• To view a step-by-step of The CEREC® Procedure, please visit the CEREC® page.
CEREC® is a registered trademark of Sirona Dental Systems.